Experienced Immigration Counsel

Helping You Unite Your Family

Being separated from your family and loved ones is incredibly difficult. Whether you are immigrating or trying to bring your family to the United States, the immigration attorneys at McClain Law Group, PLLC, can help you with the process so that you can reunite with your family. Depending on your status, there are different types of family visas that you can petition for, including those for immediate relatives, family preference visas and fiancé visas. Every family is unique, and the visa you apply for depends entirely on your situation. Our attorneys have helped numerous families nationwide and abroad unite their families and find success through the U.S. immigration process.

We Will Help You Choose The Best Option

As a lawful permanent resident, you are only allowed to file petitions for spouses and unmarried children under the age of 21. If you become a naturalized citizen as well, you may file a petition for parents and siblings. Family preference visas require applicants to wait for a visa to become available. The government puts a cap on how many visas are available each year. These visas come in four categories divided by preference:

  • First preference visas are for unmarried children of U.S. citizens and their children
  • Second preference visas are for the spouses of lawful permanent residents and children under the age of 21
  • Third preference visas are applicable to married children of U.S. children, their spouses and minor children
  • Fourth preference visas are for the siblings of U.S. citizens and their spouses and minor children, so long as the citizen petitioner is 21 years or older

If a U.S. citizen and a noncitizen plan on marrying each other, the couple can apply for a K-1 or K-2 visa. A K-2 visa is for noncitizens who have children that they wish to bring to the United States often speeding up reunification. If a citizen and noncitizen couple are already married, they can apply for a K-3 spouse visa to allow them to live with their spouse in the United States. If the noncitizen has children, they can apply for a K-4 child of spouse visa to bring the children to the U.S. Another option to bring your family to the U.S. is petition for an alien relative. Eligible relatives include children, spouses, siblings and parents. If the petition is approved, your relative still has to wait for an available immigrant visa to start the process of becoming a permanent resident in the United States. We can help you bring your family together.

Work With Experienced Immigration Attorneys To Help Your Family

With so many options, it can be confusing to determine which visa for which you should apply. Our experienced family immigration attorneys will discuss your options and help you take the next steps in getting your family to the United States. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you and your family by calling 502-589-1004 in Louisville, Kentucky, or 561-717-4035 in Boca Raton, Florida.  or filling out an online contact form.